Ayurveda Pura’s Spice Box (traditionally known as a “Masala Dabba”) is a traditional Indian spice box set made up of one large outer, 7 inner spice pots and a mini-spoon, they are all made of high quality stainless steel.
The Ayurvedic Spice Box is the perfect way to store the key spices of Ayurvedic cookery and because the spices are “on hand” (rather like an artist’s palette of colours), the Spice Box makes it easy and fun to create fantastic new Indian dishes.
The 7 inner pots are designed to hold the following key spices for healthy Ayurvedic cookery, they allow one to maintain a healthy balance of all 3 Doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha):
- Turmeric Powder – All Dosha balancing (“Tridoshic”)
- Cumin Seeds – Vata & Pitta balancing
- Mustard Seeds – Kapha balancing
- Coriander Powder – Pitta balancing
- Chilli Powder – Kapha balancing
- Garam Masala – All Dosha balancing (“Tridoshic”)
- Asafoetida Powder (known as “Hing”) – Vata balancing
(Spices Not Included)